Missing Sequence Presets in Adobe Premiere Pro CS6, Fixed
Okay, so if you’re like me this annoyed you to no end:
You installed CS6, but then either the first or one of the first times you loaded it, you couldn’t find 1080p Video Presets like how the little DSLR folder is usually right there:
Used to look like this
That’s because you installed a crack and it updated itself, or connected to the internet and negated the updates.
Here’s what worked for me (after hours of screwing around)
First of all, this is probably because of an update. If you can’t install updates (you know who you are) then skip this part. If you can, go to help>updates> and then restart the computer once its done.
If you can’t, then either watch this video I already made forever ago, or read more text
- Uninstall Adobe Master Collection and run the Adobe Cleaner and also CCleaner to scrub the registry clean of Adobe’s deep-seated infection
- Download a Seperate Installation of Premiere wherever you kids get all your programs from, but make sure it is a stand-alone copy.
- Disconnect Internet. Install the Master Collection, everything EXCEPT FOR PREMIERE AND ENCORE, do as you normally would applying cracks and not signing up for anything
- From your separate download, Install Premiere AS A TRIAL without connecting an Adobe Account. Please, for the love of god don’t connect to an Adobe account. Once its installed, go to help>updates. Run the updates on it.
- When Updates are complete, you can go block your hosts file (if not already ((Google it)) and then patch the Cracked DLL file over Premiere Pro’s .DLL file. You probably got these with your download of The Master Collection if you know who you are.
- Find an annnoying file called in C://Program files (x86)/Common Files/Adobe/Adobe pcd/cache/cache.db – DELETE HIM (if you don’t see it there, that’s fine)
Should be good!
Moving forward: Block the Adobe Servers in your hosts file, Never apply updates after this (unless you manually download them) Never give Adobe internet access if it asks for it, and make sure that you apply the cracked .dll files to every adobe app folder for the apps you use before running them. Encore is it’s own problem, so no fixed encore for now.
And check my Videography Blog for more groovy info and handouts:
Back to Scottsdale Videographer home page